It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customize Item List Select Work Items dialog

Audrey Wang (4123) | asked Mar 12 '12, 5:39 p.m.
We have created a custom attribute whose type is "Item List". From the work item editor, I can click on Add... from the item list to bring up a dialog titled "Select Work Items". In the dialog there is a drop down for Matching work items of type, the default selection is Any, the other selections are the custom work item types we created.

My question is, is there a way to set the default selection to one of the specific types, or even better, to allow only one specific work item type? For our purposes, only one type is valid.

3 answers

permanent link
Audrey Wang (4123) | answered Mar 12 '12, 6:28 p.m.
We have created a custom attribute whose type is "Item List". From the work item editor, I can click on Add... from the item list to bring up a dialog titled "Select Work Items". In the dialog there is a button Create work item... which brings up a dialog "Create Work Item"

This dialog displays the same fields as the Create tab of one of our custom work item types. However this is not the type needed for the Item List attribute. How do we change the work item type so that the correct dialog is displayed?

permanent link
Audrey Wang (4123) | answered Mar 30 '12, 4:47 p.m.
Also on the dialog "Select Work Items", we would like to limit the project area to the current project area and not give the user the option to select a different project area.

Thanks,
Audrey

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 30 '12, 5:22 p.m.
I do not see any options to control those dialogs in standard code.

I am interested too (for a customer link type)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.