It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Visual Studio sandbox loads another user's workspace

Vivek Iyer (15212527) | asked Mar 01 '12, 4:23 p.m.
I saw a very weird issue today. One of our developers opened up his Visual Studio client, and set one of his sandboxes to current. It turns out that this sandbox somehow got mapped to another developer's repository workspace.

In the pending changes view, the other developer's workspace was listed.

To set things right, we removed that sandbox, and reloaded the developer's own repository workspace to a new sandbox.

Apparently, this has happened one another occasion before.

Is this a known bug? I don't think this is user error, because this developer created his workspace before the other developer, and has loaded and used it longer.

One answer

permanent link
Prabodh Mairh (3812) | answered Mar 02 '12, 12:30 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I saw a very weird issue today. One of our developers opened up his Visual Studio client, and set one of his sandboxes to current. It turns out that this sandbox somehow got mapped to another developer's repository workspace.

In the pending changes view, the other developer's workspace was listed.

To set things right, we removed that sandbox, and reloaded the developer's own repository workspace to a new sandbox.

Apparently, this has happened one another occasion before.

Is this a known bug? I don't think this is user error, because this developer created his workspace before the other developer, and has loaded and used it longer.

Sandbox is area on the local machine, and it contains information about the repository workspace which was loaded into it. Was the second user's repository workspace loaded into this sandbox anytime earlier?
In that case the sandbox remembers this mapping even if u login as the first user and set this sandbox as current.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.