It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Area migration

Wai Hung Lau (21165) | asked Feb 27 '12, 2:17 a.m.
Recently we have need to migrate the whole project area to a new one, due to internal maintenance issues. May I ask if it is technically feasible to:

1. clone or move the whole stream from one project area to another project area at different RTC server?

2. clone/migrate all the the work items from one project area to another one at different RTC server?

3. keep a linkage between the work items and the change sets given the stream is cloned or moved?

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 27 '12, 8:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can migrate a stream from one repository to another using the cross-repository deliver capabilities of the RTC SCM system.

There is not yet direct support for migrating a project area to another server. This is the high priority "project area move" enhancement request. Until that is implemented, I believe the best you can do out-of-the-box is use the work item export/import capabilities.

I'll need someone else to comment on keeping the work item change set links after the cross-repository delivery (I think that can be done) and after the work item export/import.

Cheers,
Geoff

Recently we have need to migrate the whole project area to a new one, due to internal maintenance issues. May I ask if it is technically feasible to:

1. clone or move the whole stream from one project area to another project area at different RTC server?

2. clone/migrate all the the work items from one project area to another one at different RTC server?

3. keep a linkage between the work items and the change sets given the stream is cloned or moved?

permanent link
Dominik L. Blystak (1622) | answered Mar 01 '12, 8:09 a.m.
Hi,

we have the same situation as flowingbear. Do you know when the "project area move" enhancement is ready to be shipped?

This is a good question. We would like to know the answer as well.

Best regards,
Dominik

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 01 '12, 9:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This enhancement is work item 93151.
It is marked as high priority, but is not scheduled for a release.
You can "subscribe" to the work item to get notifications about any status change, and can add comments to indicate your interest/support.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi,

we have the same situation as flowingbear. Do you know when the "project area move" enhancement is ready to be shipped?

This is a good question. We would like to know the answer as well.

Best regards,
Dominik

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.