It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Approaches to document roles and their permissions settings?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Feb 20 '12, 11:36 a.m.
Hi there,
I'd like to be able to capture how we set up permissions by role in project areas.

Two goals are 1) to be able to have a discussion about whether they are appropriately set and 2) to be able to reproduce the configuration in future.

The Permitted Actions settings are where I'm struggling most. I can't see a way to get them into a document other than by scrolling down the expanded tree structure and taking several screenshots.
At one point we tried grabbing the page's XML but in the end it seemed like that would be even more painful than the screenshots.

Am I thinking about the problem incorrectly?

Is there a published list or worksheet with the settings somewhere that I missed?

Any thoughts, guidance, best practices, experiences that you can share would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 21 '12, 3:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew,

I think you have a point here. I don't have a solution however. There is a tool "Generate Runtime Report" in the Eclipse Client context menu, that is a starter, but does not go into all the details you want.

I found https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=147995 that requests an Excel export of this.

permanent link
Andrew Codrington (17733135) | answered Feb 21 '12, 9:43 a.m.
Thanks Ralph!

There is a tool "Generate Runtime Report" in the Eclipse Client context menu

I'm considered too dangerous to get access via Eclipse for the moment :D, but I'll have someone run that so we can have a look.

I found https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=147995 that requests an Excel export of this.

That does look relevant. I've chimed in there.

Cheers,
Andrew

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.