It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add new Attribute on web.inline editor

Erwin Kunz (94687086) | asked Feb 20 '12, 10:09 a.m.
Hi

I've just created a new attribute "Due Iteration"used in EPIC and STORY.

Now I would like to add this attribute on the web.inline editor for this two work item types.

Unfortunately I'm only able to add the Attribute to one of the types.

Is that the correct behaviour? How shall I proceed to add this on two work item. Is there something i missed during creation? shall i create several web.inline editors?

thanks
erwin

PS: same problem on PlanPreview Editor

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 21 '12, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Erwin,

The problem probably is that you reused the same attribute on both types. Once it is selected in one of the sections it does not appear as choice again - except you push the button to the right of the selection field. That allows to show attributes that have already been configured.

I ran into the same trap when trying.

I hope this solves your issue.
Erwin Kunz selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 21 '12, 3:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Erwin,

you should be able to add them for both. What is the symptom that prevents you from adding the attribute?

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Feb 21 '12, 3:50 a.m.
Hi Erwin,

you should be able to add them for both. What is the symptom that prevents you from adding the attribute?

Hi Ralph

After selecting the correct section, click "Add Presentation", the attribute i would like to add is not avaiable.

It's only avaiable in the fisrt section of the first Tab I selected.

erwin

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Feb 21 '12, 4:20 a.m.
Hi Erwin,

The problem probably is that you reused the same attribute on both types. Once it is selected in one of the sections it does not appear as choice again - except you push the button to the right of the selection field. That allows to show attributes that have already been configured.

I ran into the same trap when trying.

I hope this solves your issue.

I love eclipse and those small icons :-)

Many thanks, this was the issue

erwin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.