It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] RTC Checkout failure with Jenkins

Murali Grandhi (134) | asked Jan 07 '14, 11:40 p.m.
closed Aug 09 '16, 6:04 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645)
When I tried to checkout RTC SMC using Team concert plugin in Jenkins the following error is thrown.
But the checkout is working fine before with the same workspace. Please suggest what could be the problem.
Started by user mur5kor
Building in workspace D:\Jenkins\jobs\RTC_Poll\workspace
RTC : checkout...
RTC Checkout : Source control setup
RTC Checkout : Accepting changes into workspace "MDG1T_CI_Workspace" ...
RTC Checkout : Fetching files to fetch destination "D:\Jenkins\jobs\RTC_Poll\workspace\jazzCIRTC" ...
FATAL: RTC : checkout failure: Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories.
Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories.
/.project (requested to be loaded from both component Build_Tools and VehDev)

com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility$3: Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=2 Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories. null children=[Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=0 /.project (requested to be loaded from both component Build_Tools and VehDev) null]
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(SourceControlUtility.java:685)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.rtc.RepositoryConnection.checkout(RepositoryConnection.java:429)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.rtc.RTCFacade.checkout(RTCFacade.java:410)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCFacadeFactory$RTCFacadeWrapper.invoke(RTCFacadeFactory.java:96)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCCheckoutTask.invoke(RTCCheckoutTask.java:110)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCCheckoutTask.invoke(RTCCheckoutTask.java:31)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:914)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:887)
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCScm.checkout(RTCScm.java:898)
	at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1414)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:652)
	at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:88)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:561)
	at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1678)
	at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:231)
Contains : 0 /.project (requested to be loaded from both component Build_Tools and VehDev)
ERROR: RTC : checkout failure: Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories.
Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories.

Finished: FAILURE

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rschoon Aug 09 '16, 6:04 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Aug 09 '16, 6:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The problem in the original questions basically was due to the fact that the fetch destination was not empty or the fetch would overwrite information that was already on the local disc.

It is really not that hard to read that in the error message at all.

RTC : checkout failure: Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories.
There could be many reasons why this happens. For example if Jenkins always reuses one workspace. It is unlikely that the reason for this can be found after all that time, so I will close this item.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Christoph Friebel (161) | answered Aug 05 '14, 4:50 a.m.
Hi,

i don't know if it helps because your question was months ago, but i got the same error when the JDK install directory was not properly set in the jenkins system configuration.

After setting the correct jdk install home everything worked fine again.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 09 '16, 6:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would expect different messages if the JDK was missing, but you never know.

permanent link
Dorian Daumiller (3612) | answered Aug 09 '16, 5:47 a.m.
Ok, this is quite old, but still somebody might find it and have the same problem.
I guess you're using a loadrule to load your components.

The log actually gives you a hint:
Contains : 0 /.project (requested to be loaded from both component Build_Tools and VehDev)

So, you try to load two components "Build_Tools" and "VehDev". That can have two reasons:
  1. Your LoadRule specifies the same target location for the content of both components. This is fairly unlikely as you would have the same behaviour in e.g. Eclipse and not only in Jenkins
  2. You don't mention these components in the loadrule at all. Eclipse will then not load those, while the Jenkins TeamConcert plugin (at least still in V1.2.0.0) will load them nevertheless, albeit without a target directory.
    But where to, I hear you ask? To the root of your sandbox. Both components hold a .project file, both these files would be loaded into the same location. Hence the conflict.
The same error can appear if you don't use a loadrule and try to load flat. Then, the content of the components will be loaded into one directory, causing the same effect.

permanent link
Andrey Dodonov (6) | answered Oct 28 '14, 4:18 a.m.
 Hi,
I have the same issue. I understand that the thread is dead, but it is the only place, where I was able to find this error message - "Loading the directories in the file system would overwrite/remove existing directories". I installed and added a correspondent entry in Jenkins both for jenkins master and slaves. The error message remained... 
Any help, please?