It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to duplicate an existing RTC Build def using scripts

Arun Sathiamurthy (5675) | asked Feb 16 '12, 11:24 p.m.
Hi,

I'm looking at ways to automate through some scripts and exisitng builddef in RTC.

Reason: I have close to 100 builds which i need to duplicate in a new project release. Most of the things would remain same in the exising and new builds defs except for a few build parameters. Any automation should be time saver for me from lot of manula work in duplicating from GUI.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 20 '12, 7:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Arun,

you could try using the plain java client libraries. The SDK has unit tests that you could look at. I haven't done this kind of automation yet.

permanent link
Arun Sathiamurthy (5675) | answered Feb 22 '12, 4:39 a.m.
Is there a way to restrict users in a team area from getting assigned to multiple roles ?

For example:
An user in Teamlead role should not be able to add Developer role to his id.

permanent link
David Van Herzele (10121) | answered Feb 22 '12, 4:51 a.m.
Is there a way to restrict users in a team area from getting assigned to multiple roles ?

For example:
An user in Teamlead role should not be able to add Developer role to his id.

Not that I know of. Actually I made such functionality for a client of ours, sadly I'm not the owner of the code so I can't share it.

However I can give you some pointers:
I made a precondition extending the Save Team Area operation. One limitation I encountered was that Project Area's were not subject to the Save Team Area operation, so I could not enforce this on Project Area level.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.