It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

2.0 to 3.0RC2 Migration: User Synchronization Errors

Jim Tykal (166116) | asked Oct 26 '10, 3:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I migrated a 2.0 repository to 3.0RC2. It looks like all of my work items, source files, builds, etc. migrated successfully. However, I'm having a problem with users in 3.0RC2. The users that were migrated from the 2.0 repository show up in the "jazz" application user admin web page, but not in the "jts" user admin web page. The admin user that I created during the 3.0RC2 setup wizard shows up in both.
In the "jazz" user admin web page, when I open a user record for one of the migrated users, I get the following error:

An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: The ContributorHandle with the "" item ID doesn't match any existing ContributorRecords.

I go ahead and try to assign a Developer license to the migrated user, but trying to save results in the following error:

Saving user failed. ID CRJAZ1534E
Could not find item in mapping table: com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorRecordHandleImpl@2db52db5 (stateId: null, itemId: , origin: , immutable: )
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

...followed by the usual ton of unintelligible (at least to me) java errors.

Any idea how to get the "jazz" and "jts" user records synchronized?

Thanks in advance...

4 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Oct 26 '10, 7:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to run through few migration commands to create the users in the JTS repository. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCtoCCM30MigrationSteps on the list of migration steps you need to run to create the JTS repository.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

I migrated a 2.0 repository to 3.0RC2. It looks like all of my work items, source files, builds, etc. migrated successfully. However, I'm having a problem with users in 3.0RC2. The users that were migrated from the 2.0 repository show up in the "jazz" application user admin web page, but not in the "jts" user admin web page. The admin user that I created during the 3.0RC2 setup wizard shows up in both.
In the "jazz" user admin web page, when I open a user record for one of the migrated users, I get the following error:

An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: The ContributorHandle with the "" item ID doesn't match any existing ContributorRecords.

I go ahead and try to assign a Developer license to the migrated user, but trying to save results in the following error:

Saving user failed. ID CRJAZ1534E
Could not find item in mapping table: com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorRecordHandleImpl@2db52db5 (stateId: null, itemId: , origin: , immutable: )
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

...followed by the usual ton of unintelligible (at least to me) java errors.

Any idea how to get the "jazz" and "jts" user records synchronized?

Thanks in advance...

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Oct 26 '10, 9:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Balaji -
Thanks for the response. I did go through those steps, and I'm confident that I didn't miss anything obvious. The tomcat-users.xml file was moved, and a merge was done on the server.xml file. I tried comparing the server.xml files but really don't know what I'm looking at... There is some guidance there which says "It is critical that you verify the contents of the merged files" but that would presume that you know what the content of these files should be!

Can you give me any more guidance on what might have gone wrong to have the "jazz" and "jts" user databases out of sync?

Thanks,
Jim

You need to run through few migration commands to create the users in the JTS repository. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCtoCCM30MigrationSteps on the list of migration steps you need to run to create the JTS repository.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Oct 27 '10, 5:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I resolved this problem with the help of @wasleski. Since this was a standalone test system, I did not have the public URL set in my 2.0.0.2 environment before beginning the migration process. This caused failures further down the path, although they were apparently not severe enough to cause the migration script to error out. The migration document (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCtoCCM30MigrationSteps) has been updated to more explicitly define this (and a couple other) key requirements in the process.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Oct 22 '13, 12:22 p.m.
There were also couple of additional similar issues in further versions e.g. https://jazz.net/forum/questions/131495/ccm-users-and-jts-users-out-of-sync. The general recommendation is creating new PMR for the support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.