It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User Management in RQM

anoop mc (74811200221) | asked Feb 16 '12, 12:49 p.m.
Hi,

In our project we are using RQM 2.0.1 iFix5 and do not have LDAP configured. Users are created manually and managed in Tomcat User Database.Now that due to some acquisition all the email ids of the users has to changed with new organization name.

for eg: rahul@xyz.com has to be replaced with rahul@abc.com

We have around 100+ user alone in RQM. Editing manually is a boring task. Let me know if there is any other way we could achieve this.

One answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Feb 29 '12, 2:17 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

In our project we are using RQM 2.0.1 iFix5 and do not have LDAP configured. Users are created manually and managed in Tomcat User Database.Now that due to some acquisition all the email ids of the users has to changed with new organization name.

for eg: rahul@xyz.com has to be replaced with rahul@abc.com

We have around 100+ user alone in RQM. Editing manually is a boring task. Let me know if there is any other way we could achieve this.

RQM's API does not allow editing of user information. The Jazz foundation has an API https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsRESTAPI but I'm not certain if it supports PUT. You may want to try posting this to the Jazz Foundation forum.

If there's no easy way to do this in bulk, perhaps you could have each user update their own email address? They should have write access to their own user record.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.