It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Queries List

Thomas Gadbois (611) | asked Feb 10 '12, 1:56 p.m.
Hi,

I've got a requirement to pull a list of defects in RTC to a reporting server. I'm using CURL and am able to pull back the results of queries in .xml format, parse, and import. When I try to create my own custom query in the GUI (Work Items -> Queries -> Shared Queries, "Create New Query") it saves and is visible in the Shared Queries area. However, when I go to the queries list in .xml (<server>/jazz/oslc/queries), my recently created query isn't there. This is a problem as I need the resource URL to pass as a command line arg to CURL.

I'm wondering if this is a license issue - the account I'm using has been given "Rational Team Concert - Contributor" (Floating). On the Development Server (where the above scenario works as expected) I have "Rational Team Concert - Developer."

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Thomas Gadbois (611) | answered Feb 10 '12, 4:34 p.m.
The issue was simply the number of queries we have in production (4088) which is greater than the maximum number of items the server is configured to return (2500). Thus the queries I was creating weren't showing up in the unfiltered list of queries, but I could find them if I qualified it with

...jazz/oslc/queries.xml?oslc_cm.query=dc:title="My Query Title"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.