It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Editor presentation: shared content attribute gone

Erwin Kunz (94687086) | asked Feb 01 '12, 3:58 a.m.
Hi

I did some chages in the editor presentation and 'removed' the shared content of the default Tab:Overview, Section: Details

How can I revert a section or a Tab to

Thanks
erwin

6 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Feb 01 '12, 1:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I did some chages in the editor presentation and 'removed' the shared content of the default Tab:Overview, Section: Details

How can I revert a section or a Tab to

Thanks
erwin

Is this a recent change? If nothing else (or not much that can't easily be redone) has happened since then, you can retrieve the previous version of the process configuration XML, paste it over the existing one, save, refresh and you should be back in business. To see previous versions of the Process Configuration Source, open it, right click and choose "Show History".

Obviously, be careful with this sort of heavy-handed change.

If that's not an option, let me know and we can dig in further.

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Feb 02 '12, 6:33 a.m.
Nope. This has been done long ago where I was not aware of this attribute.

I'm know this feature (Cool "Hidden" Features) but I'm not sure that this will help in this case.

There is no attribute or whatever in the XML I'm aware of, setting this

I've also tried to create a new one using "reuse" attribute, but this didn't help

Need more digging :wink:

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Feb 02 '12, 12:18 p.m.
Nope. This has been done long ago where I was not aware of this attribute.
Need more digging :wink:

Shovel is out. Are other sections customized? When the Details section lost its status, so did the Overview tab (unless it had already lost it due to some other customization).

In my quick test, even adding a single attribute to the Details tab of an otherwise uncustomized presentation caused a fair amount of change to the Process Config XML. Since there is no UI gesture I'm aware of to revert, we will likely need to look at those changes and figure out which ones are safe to revert. If there are no other editor presentation customizations, we may be able to revert (by hand) all of them. Otherwise we'll have to be more selective (i.e., dig even deeper) to figure out how to revert just that one case.

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Feb 06 '12, 10:24 a.m.
Forget about it, or at least this part

I just created a new project area with scrum template from scratch.. and wonder .. the Detail of section Overview does not have the attribute

So far OK.

Still my questions:
a) where does this flag come from;
b) what does the "grayed out" compared to "not grayed out" or "blue" presentation means

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Feb 06 '12, 2:43 p.m.
Forget about it, or at least this part

I just created a new project area with scrum template from scratch.. and wonder .. the Detail of section Overview does not have the attribute

So far OK.

Still my questions:
a) where does this flag come from;
b) what does the "grayed out" compared to "not grayed out" or "blue" presentation means

I dug around and if you look in the Scrum template specification, it modifies the .default and .task presentations as part of "instantiating" the template -- that's why they don't appear shared anymore even when you've done nothing. They get customized from the "true default" as part of adding the process. It also provides presentations for Stories and Epics and some other items, but that's to be expected since they are Scrum specific.

a) As best I can tell, this is computed (or defaulted) -- if there are no customizations in the chain, the is shown. It may simply be part of the description if you get all the way to the true "root" of the hierarchy (but don't quote me on that one).
b) The grayed presentation seems to be applied to sections when all of the sections are and the tab is also . Not particularly useful if all sections are collapsed as this is pretty obvious, but potentially useful if you have lots of sections open as a reminder that you'll lose on the tab if you modify this section.

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Feb 13 '12, 10:28 a.m.
Thank you

Will continue to play arround, and if I find some interessting stuff, I'll post it here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.