It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement of Grouping TERs together

Li Chen (11923742) | asked Jan 31 '12, 4:44 p.m.
We have many test cases to be tested in several environments.

For each test case, we create a TER for each environment. that means one test case has several TERs.

User 1 is assigned to test all test cases in environment 1.
User 2 is assigned to test all test cases in environment 2.
User n is assigned to test all test cases in environment n.

We understand that both test plan and test suite can group test cases together, but we could not find a mechanism in RQM that groups TERs together. We however need to group TERs for environment 1 for all test cases together so we can assign this group to user 1, and group n to user n.

Is there such a mechanism in RQM? or is it possible to enhance RQM to support this?

4 answers

permanent link
Li Chen (11923742) | answered Jan 31 '12, 5:28 p.m.
We can retrieve the TERs for one user by using filter text in the View Test Execution Records tab, but the URL of the tab does not have filter text included, that means we cannot give this URL to the user or put it in the link of an RTC task.

Is there a way to come out an URL pointing to the View Test Execution Records with crrect filter text?

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Feb 01 '12, 9:25 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest using a filter/query (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_using_filters.html), which can be saved.

permanent link
Li Chen (11923742) | answered Feb 01 '12, 12:10 p.m.
Thanks. I find that it does group TERs together but I cannot get a URL to the result of query. Without the URL, I cannot set up a link from an RTC task.

Is such a URL available?

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Feb 01 '12, 12:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, no.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.