It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Access source under RTC from build boxes without RTC install

Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | asked Jul 24 '08, 11:10 a.m.
We are using CC (base and UCM) and plan to move to RTC.

For historical reasons, we do build on boxes without CC being installed and use NFS mount to get access to the source.

Can we do the same when we move to RTC? And How?

Also I saw someone mentioned RTC 1.0 can be installed on platform like AIX, could I get a link to get the instructions?

So far I tested RTC on Windows only and see RTC has a very limited set of commandline commands comapring to CC. We use commandlines commands a lot under CC on Unix platforms for development and build, I am wordering how we do this under RTC?

Any information would be appreciated.

4 answers

permanent link
Nicolas Cougoulic (2122) | answered Jul 24 '08, 11:16 a.m.
How-to for AIX is here :

http://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2491946

Also I saw someone mentioned RTC 1.0 can be installed on platform like AIX, could I get a link to get the instructions?

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | answered Jul 24 '08, 11:22 a.m.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jul 24 '08, 1:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

The Jazz build engine can fetch the source for the build by connecting to the Jazz repository and copying the files to a local (or mounted) drive. This requires that the Jazz Build Engine be installed on the build machines, but not RTC.

There is an option for enabling support for Jazz Source Control when you set up a build definition. This option is the one that will cause the build engine to fetch the source.

Martha
Developer, Jazz Team

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | answered Jul 24 '08, 1:20 p.m.
Thanks, Matha,
When will the Jazz build engine, which is one installable component of RTC, be availbe for platforms other than Windows and Linux (AIX?)? As we are building on all major platforms like HP, HPIA, Sun, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.