It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Eclipse Client, Editor Presentation Label

Brad Veitch (11078) | asked Jan 31 '12, 12:10 a.m.
My user wants to re-label the "Time Spent" (type = Duration) label on the "Task" workitem to be "Duration" instead of "Time Spent".
I am editing the associated Work Item Editor - Editor Presentation
On the Overview tab, I highlight the "Time Spent (Time Spent) field and click Edit. I add a "Label (optional)" of "Duration".
This works perfectly in the Web client, however in the Eclipse client it still displays as "Time Spent". How do I get it to display as "Duration" in the Eclipse client as well?

I can't rename the "Time Spent" attribute as it will then be changed on other work item types (which I don't want).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Jan 03 '13, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As stated in WI 193997(pointed out/created by Brad)
this problem was fixed in RTC 4.0

Regards,
Stéphane

Brad Veitch selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 31 '12, 6:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
My user wants to re-label the "Time Spent" (type = Duration) label on the "Task" workitem to be "Duration" instead of "Time Spent".
I am editing the associated Work Item Editor - Editor Presentation
On the Overview tab, I highlight the "Time Spent (Time Spent) field and click Edit. I add a "Label (optional)" of "Duration".
This works perfectly in the Web client, however in the Eclipse client it still displays as "Time Spent". How do I get it to display as "Duration" in the Eclipse client as well?

I can't rename the "Time Spent" attribute as it will then be changed on other work item types (which I don't want).

Hi Brad,

I see the same affect, I tried with 3.0.1.1. I would assume this is a defect. I don't know a work around.

permanent link
Brad Veitch (11078) | answered Feb 14 '12, 7:08 p.m.
I've created a defect against the product. Refer to
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=193997

Comments
Stephane Leroy commented Jan 03 '13, 11:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Good news is that it was fixed in 4.0.

Regards,
Stéphane

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.