It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IsDirty or IsDocDataDirty calls?

Steve Chapman (133) | asked Jan 30 '12, 5:18 a.m.
I am seeing a large number of calls to IPersistFileFormat.IsDirty(..) and/or IVsPersistDocData.IsDocDataDirty(..) which I believe are made by the Jazz Source Control plugin. There is no VS IDE activity at the time, I simply start VS and open a solution that is shared with RTC. A short while later I see a spate of calls (I suspect that these would recurr if I continued to watch)

Can anyone tell me what would be the reason for VS or the RTC plugin to query the dirty state of versioned files?

Thanks
Steve

One answer

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Feb 21 '12, 7:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC does not make calls to either unless you have an artifact open in a native editor - a work item, build result or workspace or stream.

I'm wondering if VS makes these calls on shared files to figure out the share status (say unresolved) - though I can't imagine why it would need to look at the dirty bit to do that.

Another possibility is that it calls this method while getting the properties of a shared file. Could you try closing the Properties View and see if this is still happening?

Cheers
--Rupa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.