It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting access to RQM artifacts

Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | asked Jan 27 '12, 12:38 p.m.
Can one restrict access to specific test plans/cases/suites in RQM? And then can we restrict access to individual sections of these items? Restrictions would be read-only access and also no access (can't read).

I tried looking at an RQM project's teams and process in the Eclipse shell and didn't see how I could leverage them for access control. RTC added team-based restrictions for work and streams and I was hoping we had a similar capability in RQM.

Many thanks.

5 answers

permanent link
Lew Cote (111) | answered Jan 27 '12, 2:39 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, once you have access to a project, you have access to all assets. The only way to restrict access is by defining roles, but then this will effect all assets in the project not just specific assets.

permanent link
Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | answered Jan 27 '12, 3:14 p.m.
Thanks for the quick response Lew. How would we restrict access based on role? I open the project are and look at permissions and process actions, I don't see how I would restrict any access. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Thanks.

permanent link
Christophe Telep (236) | answered Jan 30 '12, 5:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You cannot prevent read access to a test artifact if the user is a member of the Quality Management project. But, you can restrict the permissions by role for example only allow read-only for a type of test artifacts.

To do this, log in as administrator to the RQM server using the WebUI
open the project area administration page
go to the Permissions tab
select "Project Configuration" on the left side
select a role on the right side
In the Permitted Actions, clear the actions you want to restrict from that role in the "Quality Management" section, for example "Save Test Case"

permanent link
Suraj Amasebail (1111) | answered Mar 19 '12, 5:55 p.m.
You cannot prevent read access to a test artifact if the user is a member of the Quality Management project. But, you can restrict the permissions by role for example only allow read-only for a type of test artifacts.

In the Permitted Actions, clear the actions you want to restrict from that role in the "Quality Management" section, for example "Save Test Case"

Can we restrict the user access based on formal review status? Like, mark the artifacts read-only once the formal review is started (without the need to manually LOCK the artifacts) and normal mode once the formal review is complete (approved or rejected) by the members of formal review task.

I am looking at user with team member access in the above scenario (also, that person might be the owner of this artifact ) .

permanent link
Suraj Amasebail (1111) | answered Mar 19 '12, 5:57 p.m.

AND I am looking at solution based on RQM 4.0 RC0
Can we restrict the user access based on formal review status? Like, mark the artifacts read-only once the formal review is started (without the need to manually LOCK the artifacts) and normal mode once the formal review is complete (approved or rejected) by the members of formal review task.

I am looking at user with team member access in the above scenario (also, that person might be the owner of this artifact ) .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.