It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Suspended change sets

kathleen sharp (2821112) | asked Jan 26 '12, 11:42 a.m.
I have 2 repository workspaces (flowing with the same stream).
I noticed that if I suspend a change set in one, it shows in the suspended node for that component in both of my workspaces.
I've not found anything in the docs explaining this, can anyone here? Is the suspended node shared for a component regardless of who the user is or which stream your current workspace is flowing with?

3 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jan 26 '12, 4:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have 2 repository workspaces (flowing with the same stream).
I noticed that if I suspend a change set in one, it shows in the suspended node for that component in both of my workspaces.
I've not found anything in the docs explaining this, can anyone here? Is the suspended node shared for a component regardless of who the user is or which stream your current workspace is flowing with?
It is shared. It allows you to suspend an active change set in one workspace and resume it in another. The advantage is you won't have to complete the change set or deal with an out of sync workspace.

permanent link
kathleen sharp (2821112) | answered Jan 27 '12, 4:34 a.m.
Thanks - on what basis is it shared?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jan 27 '12, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks - on what basis is it shared?
You see your own suspended change sets. It doesn't matter where you suspended it. If the component is in your workspace, you'll see your suspended change set. You cannot see another user's suspended change sets in this list.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.