It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Duplicate item references are not allowed: usedKeywords

Ken Murphy (1033436) | asked Jan 22 '12, 7:50 p.m.
What does the error message in the Subject line of this topic mean? I have selected a test plan in one project and am trying to Duplicate it to another project. The test plan has test cases and the test cases have manual test scripts. I select the test plan, click on Duplicate, map all of the categories (and a couple of other things that I got prompted for), and then it appears that the copying is about to begin. But, I get the following error message:

Operation Failed:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Artifact of type VersionedTestPlan named "Test Plan for ECF Administration Application Sprint 1.4" failed to copy: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Artifact of type VersionedTestCase named "UC 183.3 Normal Flow of Events Launch Administrative Application" failed to copy: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Artifact of type VersionedExecutionScript named "Launch Administration Application NF" failed to copy: Validation errors for item: type = ManualExecutionScript, itemId = Duplicate item references are not allowed: usedKeywords

3 answers

permanent link
Ken Murphy (1033436) | answered Jan 25 '12, 9:19 a.m.
No reply in several days, so opening a PMR. Will try to remember to post resolution here.

permanent link
Christophe Telep (236) | answered Jan 27 '12, 11:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
By default, when duplicating a Test Plan, the tool will perform a deep copy of all the test artifacts used in that test plan including the manual test scripts, and the keywords used in those test scripts.

I guess the error message means that one of the keywords already exists in the test project where you are trying to copy this test plan too.

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Feb 15 '12, 9:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RQM duplication strategy appears to be dependent on where (same vs. different project area) you actually copy the test artefact.

Check http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_copy_asset_while_viewing.html&re=1&scope=null

Stephane

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.