It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Max Jobs Ignored

John Bobinyec (683432) | asked Jan 20 '12, 10:36 a.m.
My jobs choose between multiple servers by using the .bset command. This seems to allow the system to ignore the Max Jobs setting, which is set to 1. Multiple jobs will start running on a single server at the same time. How do I stop this? We're running 7.1.2. Do I have to do an upgrade?

Thanks,
John Bobinyec

One answer

permanent link
John Bobinyec (683432) | answered Jan 25 '12, 10:08 a.m.
How are the number of jobs which are running on a particular server, controlled? Only by the Master Console? So if there are two servers and each of them has a job running, and the first server switches the balance of its work to the second server by using the .bset command, what prevents the second server from just go ahead and running the second job at the same time that its first job is still running? In all cases, the Max Jobs is 1. Does the Master Console prevent the second job from starting until the first one is finished? Does the job transfer even go through the Master Console or is it simply handed off directly from one server to another?

Thanks,
John Bobinyec

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.