It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating custom link types (with cross-project traceability)

VK L (8177156159) | asked Jan 10 '12, 1:21 a.m.
Hi All,
I tried adding custom link types in the project area. When i try to link an artifact using this custom link type, the prompt to choose a different project area is disabled. It is enabled for the system-defined link-types though. Is there any way to enable it for custom types as well?

Thanks.

5 answers

permanent link
Sanitha Pillai (61910) | answered Jan 10 '12, 4:37 a.m.
I wanted to know the steps to be followed and ho wi should backup my data .Also how i should use the same public URL and how do i check if it is done properly. :)

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 11 '12, 11:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,
I tried adding custom link types in the project area. When i try to link an artifact using this custom link type, the prompt to choose a different project area is disabled. It is enabled for the system-defined link-types though. Is there any way to enable it for custom types as well?

Thanks.

Unfortunately custom cross project linking is currently not possible, only system defined links can be used. It is a request that we have heard often to allow custom cross project links.

permanent link
VK L (8177156159) | answered Jan 11 '12, 11:42 a.m.
Thanks Bater.

Is this feature planned for the next release?

Hi All,

Thanks.

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Jan 12 '12, 8:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks Bater.

Is this feature planned for the next release?

Hi All,

Thanks.

We appreciate the pressure and the need to be able to create custom link types in this manor and we certainly understand the requirement. It is not currently in scope for the next release as weve published here on jazz.net in our public release plan. We will continue to investigate during our release planning when we will be able to provide customization ability.

-----------------------------------------------
Senior Product Manager, RRC
Jared Pulham

Comments
David Langrell commented Dec 17 '12, 6:26 a.m. | edited Dec 17 '12, 6:28 a.m.

Hi Jared, approaching the anniversary of your comment here on this...is there any concrete plan to have this feature in any upcoming release?

permanent link
Thomas Stephens (17311519) | answered Aug 26 '15, 10:03 a.m.
Are custom links between projects in JAZZ 6.x?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.