It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filter unwanted streams from Team Artifacts view?

Phil Adams (1367) | asked Jan 07 '12, 11:23 p.m.
Is it possible to filter unwanted streams from the Team Artifacts view in the RTC eclipse client? My team has lots of streams and they clutter up the view underneath the "Source Control" section of the Team Artifacts view. It would be nice for an individual user to be able to filter out stream names that they're not interested in.

7 answers

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Jan 09 '12, 3:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible to filter unwanted streams from the Team Artifacts view in the RTC eclipse client? My team has lots of streams and they clutter up the view underneath the "Source Control" section of the Team Artifacts view. It would be nice for an individual user to be able to filter out stream names that they're not interested in.

I think there is no way to filter "unwanted" streams from the Team Artifacts view. But you can try to add "wanted" streams to Favorites. To add a stream to favorites, just right click this stream and choose "Add to Favorites..." item in the pop-up menu.

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 11 '12, 4:52 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible to filter unwanted streams from the Team Artifacts view in the RTC eclipse client?

Currently the only form of filtering we have available is by selecting either "All Projects and Team Areas", "My Project and Team Areas" or "Customize My Filter" from the "Team Artifacts" drop-down menu.

If you are seeing lots of Stream from Project Areas or Team Areas that you don't care about, then you can select "Customize My Filter" and only check-off the Team Areas you want to see artifacts for (generally the team that you belong to). (Note: this also helps filter out unwanted Build Definitions or Build Engines).

permanent link
Phil Adams (1367) | answered Jan 12 '12, 10:08 a.m.
On 01/11/2012 03:53 PM, daviddl wrote:

Currently the only form of filtering we have available is by selecting
either "All Projects and Team Areas", "My Project and
Team Areas" or "Customize My Filter" from the
"Team Artifacts" drop-down menu.

If you are seeing lots of Stream from Project Areas or Team Areas that
you don't care about, then you can select "Customize My
Filter" and only check-off the Team Areas you want to see
artifacts for (generally the team that you belong to). (Note: this
also helps filter out unwanted Build Definitions or Build Engines).

Thanks David... unfortunately, we have one main Project Area that
contains all the streams. A lot of the unwanted streams are related to
old releases and some developers work mainly on the latest release so
it's just an annoyance to see all those old releases all the time :)

Thanks for the suggestion though

--
Phil Adams

permanent link
Martina Riedel (20323341) | answered Jan 18 '12, 1:13 p.m.
On 01/11/2012 03:53 PM, daviddl wrote:

Currently the only form of filtering we have available is by selecting
either "All Projects and Team Areas", "My Project and
Team Areas" or "Customize My Filter" from the
"Team Artifacts" drop-down menu.

unfortunately, we have one main Project Area that
contains all the streams. A lot of the unwanted streams are related to
old releases and some developers work mainly on the latest release so
it's just an annoyance to see all those old releases all the time :)

David,
I have the same problem. Is there additional filtering planned? regexp filtering on the string name would be great. Should I open a RTC work item?

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 18 '12, 4:20 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm pretty sure we have a work item saying to add the Team Areas as nodes in the tree (so Streams are grouped under the appropriate Team Area) but as for further filtering within a Team Area (ex: via regexp) I'm not sure. It can't hurt to open up a work item describing exactly what you have in mind.

permanent link
Martina Riedel (20323341) | answered Jan 18 '12, 5:40 p.m.
It can't hurt to open up a work item describing exactly what you have in mind.

I opened Task 191865.

permanent link
Christophe Cornu (47123) | answered Jan 20 '12, 8:35 a.m.
> I opened Task 191865.
Thanks. David was referring to Group streams by owner (project area or team area) in the Team Artifacts Navigator (104614) . These 2 work items are now linked to each other so we can track and discuss further improvements in this area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.