It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems with out of sync projects

Peter Nugent (611) | asked Jan 03 '12, 6:15 a.m.
I recently cut and pasted some files around in a project, and now RTC is complaining that the project is out of sync. However, upon attempting to reload this project, RTC gives an error that states it had issues loading the repository items, and that a reload is required. Specifically, it says it is failing to download the projects directory.

I have tried manually deleting and loading the project area again, but the issue of an out of sync project still persists. I have also deleted my entire workspace and reinstalled RTC, but again this issue still occurs.

I am using version 2.0. While this is an older version, I am required to use it and cannot update to a more recent version.

2 answers

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered Jan 04 '12, 9:57 a.m.
I recently cut and pasted some files around in a project, and now RTC is complaining that the project is out of sync. However, upon attempting to reload this project, RTC gives an error that states it had issues loading the repository items, and that a reload is required. Specifically, it says it is failing to download the projects directory.

I have tried manually deleting and loading the project area again, but the issue of an out of sync project still persists. I have also deleted my entire workspace and reinstalled RTC, but again this issue still occurs.

I am using version 2.0. While this is an older version, I am required to use it and cannot update to a more recent version.

Hi peternug,

try to do next:

If you have some changes while your project is out of sync, create a patch and save it to local place.
then, go to Window-Preferences and type in text box Jazz...
then, find Jazz Source Control and click Repair Metadata

After this, you shouldn't see out of sync any more, and like I said, If you had some changes that you didn't want to loose, and if you created patch containing these changes, you can after Repairing Metadata apply the patch and get back your changes.

Regards,

permanent link
Peter Nugent (611) | answered Jan 04 '12, 10:20 a.m.
Many thanks Milan, this fixed my problem :D

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.