It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which RTC Licence do we need if we want to use RTC with Git SCM ?

Sany Maamari (13243751) | asked Mar 21 '16, 4:27 a.m.
edited Mar 21 '16, 6:38 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 Hi All,
I just want to be sure, if a client wants to move from RTC SCM to GIT SCM but still using all the RTC planning and WI capabilities, which RTC licence would he need to commit on git instead of RTC. 
Thank you for your anwers

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 21 '16, 5:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 21 '16, 5:32 a.m.
As far as I know this should be the Contributor license in 5.0.2 and 6.x. See https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.2?p=featured , https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.1?p=featured you can see the same information on all versions of RTC.
Sany Maamari selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sany Maamari commented Mar 21 '16, 7:01 a.m.

Hello Ralph, 

On the links you gave me, even if it is said that git integration is a full feature with the contributor licence, it also says that source code management is ReadOnly. 
Is it only the RTC SCM that is readonly with the contributor licence or it is all type of SCM (Git or RTC) that is read only with the contributor licence. 
Thank you for your feedback

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 21 '16, 7:42 a.m. | edited Mar 21 '16, 7:48 a.m.

RTC SCM is read only with a Contributor license.

I am pretty sure about this, as there was an argument around it when we required a developer license to use the integration in the first release.

Sany Maamari commented Mar 21 '16, 7:55 a.m.

Hello Ralph, 

I'm not sure to completely understand. Do you mean that with an RTC Contributor licence i can use the fully integrated features of Git SCM but not RTC SCM ?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 21 '16, 8:05 a.m.

Yes, the features that the contributor license provides is work items and planning. This includes the Work Item integration to GIT. We don't chanrge a license for using GIT, thus the contributor license is good for GIT as far as I know.

To use RTC SCM you would however a Developer license which is more expensive than the contributor license. The Contributor license can only read SCM data, but not use SCM.

2 other answers

permanent link
Mikio Kuraoka (-3) | answered Sep 16 '20, 7:22 p.m.
When I do "Register Git Repository", I can't do it and the following message is shown.
To register git repository, do I need to have the licenses of Practitioner or Developer?

CRRTC8821E: The Git repository could not be registered because of a licensing or permissions issue.To register a Git repository you must have one of the following licenses: IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management solution - Practitioner, IBM Engineering Workflow Management - Developer, or IBM Engineering Workflow Management - Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms. You must also have permissions to register Git repositories for the project or team area that is specified as the Controlling Process Area on the Git repository registration page.Confirm that you have one of the required licenses. Open the project or team area that is specified on the Git repository registration page and assign yourself the Repository Registration permission. If you do not have permission to do this, ask your project administrator to do so.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 17 '20, 3:18 a.m.

The question is answered and correctly anwered. There is basically no point to ANSWER the question with an unrelated question - and then add more questions as answers. If you have a question, please create your own question.

Mikio Kuraoka commented Sep 17 '20, 3:53 a.m.
I make new questions. Thanks.

permanent link
Mikio Kuraoka (-3) | answered Sep 16 '20, 7:47 p.m.
When I saw CRRTC8821E, I didn't grant permission for operations relating Git.
I grant it and I see the following message:

'Repository Registration' failed. Missing required license. An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: CRJAZ1848E To perform the "Repository Registration" operation, the user (userid="al") must have one of the following licenses that are installed on the server: IBM Engineering Workflow Management.Developer-Floating, Rational Team Concert.Developer-Floating, Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management.Practitioner. The server administrator can assign licenses.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.