It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting up BIRT for RTC

Kate Maxwell (643) | asked Dec 09 '11, 3:55 p.m.
I'm trying to install BIRT in order to create reports within RTC, but I'm having some trouble. Here are the steps I have taken:

-Downloaded BIRT All-In-One v.2.5.2 (the individual downloads of BIRT, DTP, EMF, and WTP are not available to us, nor is the Eclipse SW update mechanism, but this All-In-One package says that these dependencies are all included)
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build.php?build=R-R1-2_5_2-201002221500

-Extracted contents of package

-Copied the contents of the extracted plugins directory into C:\Program Files\jazz\client\eclipse\dropins

-Restarted RTC

I'm now able to select Window -> Open Perspective -> Other... -> <Report>. However, the option to create a new Report is still not available under the File menu. (I looked under File -> New -> Other as well.)

What am I missing in setup/configuration? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

3 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Dec 11 '11, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is really an Eclipse site issue. The best the RTC reporting team can do is to may be post the missing EMF, DTP... packages in one of our wikis.

permanent link
Kate Maxwell (643) | answered Dec 12 '11, 8:25 a.m.
This is really an Eclipse site issue. The best the RTC reporting team can do is to may be post the missing EMF, DTP... packages in one of our wikis.

Thank you for your reply. The individual downloads are not missing from the Eclipse site - I apologize if my wording made it sound that way. They are there, but for various reasons, I need to use the all-in-one package rather than the individual downloads of each dependency (DTP, EMF, WTP). I assume the all-in-one download (v2.5.2) would work since it includes all of the required dependencies.

So my question is, what are the BIRT installation steps when doing a manual installation/extraction rather than using the software update mechanism in Eclipse? Which files need to be moved to which directories in the RTC setup? I've read that we should create a "dropins" directory, but I don't know exactly which files should be put there. I tried putting everything from the all-in-one package in that folder, but it obviously didn't work since I still don't have a 'New -> Report' menu option in RTC.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I appreciate it!

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Dec 12 '11, 3:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try the following folder structure:
eclipse
...dropins
......birt
.........eclipse
......dtp
.........eclipse
......emf
.........eclipse
where the eclipse folders under birt, dtp, emf, etc... are the result of unzipping the component packages downloaded from eclipse.org.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.