It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrate data from old version jazz solution to CLM 3.0.1

Tao Kang (16144) | asked Dec 08 '11, 3:25 a.m.
Hi there,

We get several environments that are running jazz solutions: db2, RQM 2.0.2 and RTC 2.0.2/3.0, each product running on a separate machine, and both RQM and RTC are running on WAS.
Now we are planning to migrate those environment into newly built CLM 3.0.1 environments: Tomcat, ccm, qm and Derby. All products running on the same machine.
Is this possible? If it is possible, from where I can refer for the detail steps? As in the help doc for CLM 3.0.1, I can only see steps for updating to clm from existing environment. But we already get a newly built environment, and just need to migrate the data.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

2 answers

permanent link
Christophe Telep (236) | answered Dec 08 '11, 11:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Some of the answers can be found in the online help here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_understand_upgrade.html

For example, regarding moving to one server only:

If you upgrade multiple products that were on multiple application servers, those applications will continue to run on separate application servers after the upgrade. It is not supported to merge multiple products into a single application server. However, you can still register multiple applications with the same Jazz Team Server application.

permanent link
Tao Kang (16144) | answered Dec 08 '11, 9:42 p.m.
Hi,

Some of the answers can be found in the online help here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_understand_upgrade.html

For example, regarding moving to one server only:

If you upgrade multiple products that were on multiple application servers, those applications will continue to run on separate application servers after the upgrade. It is not supported to merge multiple products into a single application server. However, you can still register multiple applications with the same Jazz Team Server application.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have read that already, and this limitation is what I concerned. But I think our situation is not a typical update or migration process. We get a totally newly built environment and what we need to do is migrate all data from the older environment to the new one. So I'm wondering if there is some walk around for this limitation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.