It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

creating defects reports in RTC

Raja Rajasekaram (132) | asked Dec 06 '11, 2:55 p.m.
Hello All,

Using RTC 3.0.1 - does anyone know how to create custom reports for defects? As the out of the box reports have very limited capabilities. I was looking for ways to add/modify the out of the box reports.

BIRT was one of the option I've looked into but did not make a lot of progress on it. Since I was not able to figure out the logical name of the tables.

Cognos Report studio was another option, again my installation did not have the "Perform Additional Reporting Tasks."

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237850) | answered Dec 07 '11, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello All,

Using RTC 3.0.1 - does anyone know how to create custom reports for defects? As the out of the box reports have very limited capabilities. I was looking for ways to add/modify the out of the box reports.

BIRT was one of the option I've looked into but did not make a lot of progress on it. Since I was not able to figure out the logical name of the tables.

Cognos Report studio was another option, again my installation did not have the "Perform Additional Reporting Tasks."

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

You have to use BIRT to create your own customized Work Item Reports . This series on Rational Developer Works should help
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/rational/libraryview.jsp?sort_by=&show_abstract=true&show_all=&search_flag=&contentarea_by=Rational&search_by=Creating+customizable+reports+for+data+processing+using+Rational+Team+Concert+and+BIRT&product_by=-1&topic_by=-1&industry_by=-1&type_by=All+Types&ibm-search=Search

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.