It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

problem accessing RTC server from clients - windows and web

Christopher Alderton (622) | asked Nov 18 '10, 2:10 a.m.
I have just done a new install of RTC Express C 2.0.0.2 iFix5 server on Ubuntu Linux.

Install worked fine. Tomcat works fine. Can access web admin through https://localhost:9443/jazz/admin and also the IP address on the server using Firefox. Can create users, assign licenses, create project all Okay.

When I try to access the server from another PC on the same network (same subnet mask) using the server's IP address, I get the "Cannot connect: timeout" message.

What do I have to do to make the server visible to the clients? I remember vaguely that something has to happen on the network, but can't remember what.

thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Nov 18 '10, 11:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have Ubuntu (Karmic), and my setup works. First make sure that you have an entry in your /etc/hosts file for the server, so the fully qualified domain name of your RTC server gets resolved correctly. Then make sure that your server is using the same name for itself, otherwise the URIs and URLs will not be properly constructed.

Finally, your issue is probably your firewall. make sure that you have access on the ports that your server is communicating on (typically 9443). You should be able to see the firewall rules using Firestarter or something similar, or by going to /etc/iptables.d

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.