It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

License error when modifying WIs on jazz.net/jazz

Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | asked Dec 05 '11, 11:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jazz.net team,

I am encountering the following error when attempting to modify work items on Jazz.net via the WebUI:
Missing required license.

An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: Failure to checkout 5 token(s).

The error occurs in both Firefox 8.0 (unsupported) and Internet Explorer 8 (supported).

I first noticed the error on Friday 12/2/2011, and confirmed that it is still occurring this morning 12/5/2011.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Open a work item on jazz.net/jazz, for example:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=166347
2) Modify the WI. For example remove myself as a subscriber.
3) Click Save. The error is thrown.

Checking in "View My Profile and Licenses", I confirmed that my user ID is configured to use token licensing ("Rational Team Concert - Contributor-Token" CAL). I checked with a colleague (Tan Nguyen) who is not encountering the problem and his user ID is configured for a standard floating CAL ("Rational Team Concert - Contributor-Floating"). I'm not sure if this is the distinction?

Is anyone else using token licensing and encountering this problem?

Thanks,
Patrick

4 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Dec 05 '11, 11:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Spoke with Lew via SameTime and he reached out to someone to add additional tokens. I am no longer able to reproduce the error (issue appears to be resolved).

permanent link
Paul Liskay (1122) | answered Mar 07 '12, 3:58 p.m.
Spoke with Lew via SameTime and he reached out to someone to add additional tokens. I am no longer able to reproduce the error (issue appears to be resolved).

This is not resolved for me, I cannot modify an existing work item.

I get the same "Missing required license. An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: Failure to checkout 5 token(s)." error message

Paul Liskay
Rational Team Concert SVT Team

permanent link
Aaron Cohen (8207851) | answered Mar 07 '12, 4:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
So there is a work item for this topic:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=200397

Unfortunately I can't subscribe to it because:
"Missing required license. An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: Failure to checkout 5 token(s)."

permanent link
Paul Liskay (1122) | answered Mar 08 '12, 10:13 a.m.
I have a contact for IBM internal to request moving over from token license to floating license as my work around

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.