It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do i add Contributor licenses to Express-C

Naresh Mepani (61) | asked Dec 02 '11, 11:46 a.m.
I am running Rational Team Concert Express-C An edition of Rational Team Concert, free for 10 developers. I have applied fix 6 which I thought would allow me the licenses required. any help would be great.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 05 '11, 3:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is not clear to me hat you are asking for here.

The 10 free provides you with 10 free developer licenses. If you want to add more contributors, please contact your IBM sales representative to purchase additional licenses. You can find a way to contact IBM on this page: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1.1 in the upper right corner named "Buy at IBM.com".

One other thing, when first installing RTC there are evaluation licenses that provide you with a time limited unrestricted license that expires after 60 days. The licenses are tracked in the database and once expired they stay expired, regardless of any upgrade.

permanent link
Naresh Mepani (61) | answered Dec 05 '11, 6:56 a.m.
Looking at the Rational Jazz Team Server - Admin - Server
License Key Management.
Client Access License Type
Product ( Rational Team Concert Express-C(0-Included) ) Type ( Contributor )
Total ( 0) Assigned ( 0 ) Available ( 0 ) Status ( Activated )

NOTE - Type ( Contributor ) I thought applying fix 6 would allow contributor users?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 05 '11, 7:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am sorry, but I clearly fail to understand what you are asking for.

I can see that https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.2iFix6 says:

Developer Client Access Licenses 10 included FREE 3 included,

Contributor Client Access Licenses Available for Purchase Floating or Authorized

So you need to buy the contributor licenses so that you can upload the license.

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.2iFix6?p=releaseNotes refers back to iFix3 for a fixed issue with not being able to install floating contributor licenses that you have purchased(bought)

Installation and Deployment Issues

Installing 2.0.0.2 iFix3 Activation Keys to Enable Floating Contributor on Express Edition

The iFix3 release now allows Floating Contributor Client Access licenses to be installed in both Express and Express-C servers. Licenses can be purchased at IBM.com and then downloaded at the Rational License Key Center. The keys are named as follows:

* IBM Rational Team Concert Express Edition Server Activation Kit v2.0.0.2 iFix3 Upgrade
* IBM Rational Team Concert Floating Contributor Client Access Activation Kit v2.0.0.2 iFix3 Upgrade

Existing Floating Contributor Client Access licenses purchased for use with Standard and Enterprise edition servers will also work on Express and Express-C servers although as with any license they may only be used on one server at a time.

So to my understanding, you should be able to upload contributor licenses to a server running the 10 free developer.

To get the license file for contributors you have to buy the licenses at IBM. You can then download the license file on the IBM passport advantage link you get after the purchase.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.