It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integration with an external requirement provider via OSLC

Steven Machtelinckx (66156) | asked Nov 24 '11, 9:00 a.m.
We have RTC and RQM installed but choose to not use RRC. Instead we would like to use an external requirement requirement provider. That provider should read requirements from an Excel sheet and provide them to RTC via OSLC when RTC requests them.

I followed an interesting workshop to get started, located at: https://jazz.net/library/article/635
(this was already a high quality tutorial to get started, thanks IBM!)

Now I would like to continue, but I have following questions:

- Is there any documentation on the configuration needed at RTC side to integrate with the external requirements provider? E.g. what are the bindings needed to relate a newly defined work item type 'requirement' to the external application? Where do we need to specify to where RTC should connect to request the requirement resource?
- What else should I know about this kind of integration?
- Are there any other workshops that go more in detail on this situation, where RTC is the client and an external tool is the provider ? In all articles found so far RTC is the provider and the other application is the client.

Thanks in advance.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.