It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RQM QTP adapter support passing of execution variables?

Mahendar Somasundaram (2611) | asked Nov 23 '11, 7:42 a.m.
We are moving a huge amount of QTP scripts from QC to RQM. In QC, we have something called 'Test Sets' which are a collection of Test scripts. We had customized QC by adding a text field at the test set level which will specify a file name. This file was used to store some AUT specific values which will be used in the QTP script.

We are trying to map this in the RQM world to TestCases which will have test scripts under them and optionally Test suites which will wrap the test cases.

I tried creating a test suite with test cases and test cases having multiple QTP test scripts. I tried creating a execution variable at the test suite level and pass it to the test script during a sequential execution and it did not work.

Does anyone know if the RQM QTP adapter supports this?

All I require is a way to specify a file name (not necessarily a file itself) at the test case or test suite level in RQM and use the name of the file within my QTP script. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.
~Mahendar

2 answers

permanent link
Sanjay Sutar (46256) | answered Nov 25 '11, 8:00 a.m.
As far as I know, it doesnt support passing any parameter to adapter.

permanent link
James Paulus (20622135) | answered May 14 '13, 2:55 p.m.
Did this ever get figured out?   Would you be able to pass the variable from the script to the adapter?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.