It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ClassNotDeffException whenn running a RFT Script from RQM

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Nov 22 '11, 10:39 a.m.
retagged Jun 20 '12, 1:10 a.m. by Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220)
In my Functional Test Script I use some jars. Running the test from the Rational Functional Tester works fine, but when I start the script from RQM via the adapter, I receive a ClassNotDefException.

I found an article in developer works (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21469240). I didnt have the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\RFT\customization\ so I copied the jars to C:\Users\Administrator\IBM\RFT\customization. But the ClassNotDefException still occurs.

Did anybody know why this is not working?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Nov 22 '11, 1:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi @wassermann,

C:\Users\Administrator\IBM\RFT\customization\ won't work; the external JARs need to go in the RFT customization directory contained within %ALLUSERSPROFILE%.

This folder is normally "hidden" so it is not visible in Windows Explorer by default (maybe that's why you couldn't find it)? If in doubt, just open "Start > Run", paste the following, and click OK:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\IBM\RFT\customization\

Also note that the literal path does vary by version of Windows, and that although the above information reflects the default location you can hardcode any path you want my modifying a RFT registry key. See my post here for more details:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=401778

To avoid this error when invoking RFT script playback via the RFT CLI (command-line interface), you need to put a copy of all the external JARs used by your script in the folder that is set in this registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rational Software\Rational Test\8\Rational FT Customization Directory

The default value set by the installer is:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\IBM\RFT\customization[/code:1:613d353bf9]

Which on Windows 7 is here:
C:\ProgramData\IBM\RFT\customization[/code:1:613d353bf9] and on Windows XP is here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\IBM\RFT\customization[/code:1:613d353bf9]

Cheers,
Patrick
Martin Wassermann selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Martin Wassermann (13864144) | answered Nov 23 '11, 11:21 a.m.
Thank you .... now it works.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.