It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Locate change sets associated to a defect

Riccardo Rossi (3187) | asked Nov 22 '11, 3:59 a.m.
edited Aug 01 '16, 11:53 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I have a defect with many change sets associated (there is a list of change set in the link view). These change sets are delivered on different streams and there are also chage sets checked-in but not yet delivered.

How can i know where these change sets are delivered in a easy way?
Using the locate feature is not easy becasue i have to choice for each change set a sinlgle stream to check if in it but this is in possible if i have many change sets and many possible streams.

Why the "delivered" Stream or Streams is not shown in the list of change set in the link view of a defect?

I'm using Jazz v2

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 22 '11, 8:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a defect with many change sets associated (there is a list of change set in the link view). These change sets are delivered on different streams and there are also chage sets checked-in but not yet delivered.

How can i know where these change sets are delivered in a easy way?
Using the locate feature is not easy becasue i have to choice for each change set a sinlgle stream to check if in it but this is in possible if i have many change sets and many possible streams.

Why the "delivered" Stream or Streams is not shown in the list of change set in the link view of a defect?

I'm using Jazz v2

Thanks
The locate feature in versions before 4.0 is only capable of one search target. "Delivered" streams isn't shown in the work item because that kind of information isn't tracked with a change set. It is delivered and can be a part of many different configurations so a search would have to be performed on all streams to get that kind of information.

In 4.0, there is a new locate change sets search that allows you to select multiple search targets (streams, workspaces, or snapshots). It is a much more advanced search that will provide a lot of information about where change sets have been delivered.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.