It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard migrated into Personal Dashboards

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Nov 21 '11, 10:16 a.m.
Scenario: RTC 2.0 to RTC 3.0.1 upgrade. Post upgrade attached to a project area and run the dashboard migration script (no errors). We've done several of these migrations and now user is raising issue that he cannot add "normal" viewlets to that now personal dashboard (e.g. Work Items, Plans, Build, etc). I don't see those categories in any personal dashboard on RTC v3 (even @ jazz.net) so I'm wagering that this is a change in behavior.

I see that one can share the personal dashboard and that team/project dashboards are 1 to 1. Is the only recourse to add the desired content from personal dashboard onto a team dashboard ?

Thanks,

Kevin

3 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Nov 21 '11, 10:52 a.m.
https://jazz.net/library/article/655#dashboards

Says:

Rich widget catalog

You have access to the full catalog of widgets available for any dashboard. The catalog is discovered for each lifecycle project. For example, a lifecycle project that associates a Requirements Management and Change and Configuration Management application will have access to the widget catalogs provided by those applications. A second lifecycle project that associates all three CLM applications will have access to the widget catalogs provided by all three applications.

Scenario: RTC 2.0 to RTC 3.0.1 upgrade. Post upgrade attached to a project area and run the dashboard migration script (no errors). We've done several of these migrations and now user is raising issue that he cannot add "normal" viewlets to that now personal dashboard (e.g. Work Items, Plans, Build, etc). I don't see those categories in any personal dashboard on RTC v3 (even @ jazz.net) so I'm wagering that this is a change in behavior.

I see that one can share the personal dashboard and that team/project dashboards are 1 to 1. Is the only recourse to add the desired content from personal dashboard onto a team dashboard ?

Thanks,

Kevin

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Nov 30 '11, 5:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Right at the top of the widget chooser, there is a dropdown to pick which catalog you would like to add from. All you have to do is switch to the widget catalog for the ccm server in your application group and you will be able to add any of the ccm viewlets.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Dec 01 '11, 6:35 a.m.
Right at the top of the widget chooser, there is a dropdown to pick which catalog you would like to add from. All you have to do is switch to the widget catalog for the ccm server in your application group and you will be able to add any of the ccm viewlets.

This we _finally_ noticed. Select Catalog label and its associated menu are so wide that one's eye does not find the clue without exhaustive top-bottom-left-right scan. The right end of the menu widget is close to the 75% point of the width of the pane. That little 'v' icon indicating the line contains a pull down almost disappears. ( There were several of us looking at this for a few days before it was uncovered in plain sight ).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.