It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

tracked by link from RRC to RTC disappears

Unknown User (1655) | asked Nov 16 '11, 2:18 p.m.
I am using RRC/RTC 3.0.1 (both from firefox).

To track our requirements from RRC in RTC, I typically use the "tracked by" Link. After saving the RRC - requirement, I go to the right side and add a link (type: tracked by). I see the 'saving links' message, I can see the link under the section "tracked by links" and when I go to RTC I can see the link there as well.

But in some cases (only some of our requirements) the link disappeared when I do a refresh of the RRC or reopen the artefact. It still exists under RTC and is working, and I can see in the histories that I really have added the link, but it is not available under links (and I am not using a filter there).

Any ideas? I tried it several times with different requirements, for some it works, for some not. But whenever it is not working, I can try it many times, and it never works with this specific requirement.

2 answers

permanent link
Marc Baumbach (1311) | answered Nov 16 '11, 9:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using RRC/RTC 3.0.1 (both from firefox).

To track our requirements from RRC in RTC, I typically use the "tracked by" Link. After saving the RRC - requirement, I go to the right side and add a link (type: tracked by). I see the 'saving links' message, I can see the link under the section "tracked by links" and when I go to RTC I can see the link there as well.

But in some cases (only some of our requirements) the link disappeared when I do a refresh of the RRC or reopen the artefact. It still exists under RTC and is working, and I can see in the histories that I really have added the link, but it is not available under links (and I am not using a filter there).

Any ideas? I tried it several times with different requirements, for some it works, for some not. But whenever it is not working, I can try it many times, and it never works with this specific requirement.

Hi,

This can happen if you navigate away from the RRC page before the link has completely saved. When you create a link from RRC, make sure to wait for that status message to disappear. The current integrations have to create a link in both systems (RTC and RRC). They start by creating the link to the opposing server (RTC) and when that is done, it creates a link in RRC. If you navigate away, that second link may not be created.

If you are waiting until it disappears and the link is still disappearing, please open a defect against the Rational Requirements Composer project on Jazz.net and we'll look into it further.

Thanks,

Marc Baumbach
Staff Software Engineer
IBM Rational Requirements Composer

permanent link
Unknown User (1655) | answered Nov 17 '11, 2:53 a.m.
I waited a very long time, the message ("saving links") has disappeared and the link is visible under links. I even tried some other changes and a save on the artefact - but the trace to link will not be displayed anymore after a refresh.

I have opened a defect:
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=50609

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.