It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 21

David Doughty (1812219) | asked Nov 15 '11, 9:37 a.m.
We upgraded multiple RTC instances at the weekend, our largest instance is now reporting issues, in the form of

ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 21 with name "_SYSSMU21_1855574189$" too small

in the jazz.log.

We were running at 3.0ifix1, and this is definitely new.

From jazz/admin console we getting
an error report on a background task, that is throwing the error.

Background Task
Last executed: 15 Nov 2011 13:35
CRJAZ1992E The task "com.ibm.team.scm.com.ibm.team.scm.corruptionRepair" has failed with an unexpected error which has caused it to be unscheduled. The error message is "ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 21 with name "_SYSSMU21_1855574189$" too small ". Please check your server logs for details. Once you have addressed the issues, you should restart the server to reschedule this background task.

I seem to remember when the upgrade script was running, it suggesting that it would auto repair "stuff". Can anyone suggest what the problem is here, (I've done the google thing), and I am on to our DBAs to assist from an oracle perspective. Is there some additional steps we can take from an RTC perspective to find out exactly what is going on here?

I shall raise a ticket on this to get a formal answer if nothing is forth coming from the foums.

tvm
dD

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.