It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure the chat ?

Romain ZANON (1621) | asked Jun 17 '11, 6:13 a.m.
Hi,

I have an RTC Client on Eclipse and I want to configure the chat.

I have the mail accounts on Gmail and I see we can use Google Talk for Instant Messaging in RTC client (Windows > Preferences > Instant messaging).

Do you know how to configure the chat ?
- Do I have to add an OAuth consumer on the jazz server?
- Is it neccessary to use a Jabber server ?

I tried to connect to my Gmail account with the Instant Messaging configuration but I have an error :

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.collaboration.rcp.core 4 0 2011-06-17 11:54:29.593
!MESSAGE Exception running 'Connecting to Collaboration Service'
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.jabber.core.provider.JabberChatSession.doLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.core.session.CollaborationSession.login(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService.doLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService$CollaborationServiceConnectionJob.runProtected(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks,

Romain

7 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 17 '11, 10:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have an RTC Client on Eclipse and I want to configure the chat.

I have the mail accounts on Gmail and I see we can use Google Talk for Instant Messaging in RTC client (Windows > Preferences > Instant messaging).

Do you know how to configure the chat ?
- Do I have to add an OAuth consumer on the jazz server?
- Is it neccessary to use a Jabber server ?

I tried to connect to my Gmail account with the Instant Messaging configuration but I have an error :

!STACK 0
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.jabber.core.provider.JabberChatSession.doLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.core.session.CollaborationSession.login(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService.doLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService$CollaborationServiceConnectionJob.runProtected(Unknown Source)

Thanks,

Romain

Hi,

IM is only implemented on client side so far. In theory you would go to Window>Prefereces>Instant Messaging. Then you pick the supported protocol, e.g. Google Talk. You would not choose Jabber XMPP for google talk. That could be your issue.
Then you provide your connection info, connect and it should work.

permanent link
Romain ZANON (1621) | answered Jun 17 '11, 11:20 a.m.
Thanks for your answer Ralph,

I do the configuration in IM as you say, but I have an error in my workspace log and I am never connected.

!STACK 0

Do I have to configure other things in the client or in the server to use GoogleTalk?
Should I to install it?

Romain

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 17 '11, 11:51 a.m.
Hi,

there is a link to the help in the dialog where you do the setup. Please check if there is more information.

I would, from looking at the GoogeTalk dialog, assume that you need to install GoogleTalk and set up your connection there. It looks similar to IBM Sametime.

Yu should not have to configure anything at the JAZZ server.

permanent link
Romain ZANON (1621) | answered Jun 17 '11, 1:19 p.m.
Hi,

The problem persist :
I installed Google Talk. I followed steps in the help but it is really different because it is for Rational Sametime.

I tried to add an eclipse plugin for gtalk but it is another feature. Maybe there is a plugin for Rational but I don't find the update site ?

Maybe I miss something...

Thanks,

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 22 '11, 4:13 a.m.
Hi,

The problem persist :
I installed Google Talk. I followed steps in the help but it is really different because it is for Rational Sametime.

I tried to add an eclipse plugin for gtalk but it is another feature. Maybe there is a plugin for Rational but I don't find the update site ?

Maybe I miss something...

Thanks,

Hi, sorry I can't help. You certainly can't install the sametime plug-in into Google Talk. The way the Connection is set up for Google Talk indicates that either the URL to Google talk is fixed or the local client is assumed to be available.

I assume there are more users that use Google talk and where successful, however you could write a work item and state that the help needs to be better for Google Talk. I did not find more information here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.collaboration.doc/topics/t_instantmessaging.html

The URL
https://jazz.net/projects/rational-team-concert/integrations/collaboration
points to google talk and you could try to install the client from there.

The book
http://www.packtpub.com/article/ibm-rational-team-concert-team-collaboration that it contains how to set it up.

Another article I found in the net indicates GMail which you indicate above is NOT Google Talk. Maybe that is the issue.

Other than that, are other users here that use Google Talk?

permanent link
Romain ZANON (1621) | answered Jun 22 '11, 4:28 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Many thanks for your help,

I go to look your net links and post a work item to IBM to have an help for Google talk.

Regards

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39346762) | answered Jul 17 '11, 4:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I am able to connect with skype but not with google talk. Not sure what could be problem, but I have tried with all type of combination. Even if i restarted my machine, JTS as well as RTC Client, and google talk. The error similar.

When I click on connect, i get the following error.
Exception running 'Connect to Collaboration Services'
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not connected to server.
at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.sendPacket(XMPPConnection.java:665)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AccountManager.getRegistrationInfo(AccountManager.java:320)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AccountManager.supportsAccountCreation(AccountManager.java:92)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AccountManager.createAccount(AccountManager.java:220)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.jabber.core.provider.JabberChatSession.doLogin(JabberChatSession.java:777)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.core.session.CollaborationSession.login(CollaborationSession.java:974)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService.doLogin(DefaultCollaborationService.java:997)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService.login(DefaultCollaborationService.java:1664)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.ui.preference.CollaborationAccountPreferencePage$CollaborationAccountConnectionJob.run(CollaborationAccountPreferencePage.java:189)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService$1$1$1.runProtected(DefaultCollaborationService.java:831)
at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(FoundationJob.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32 j9vmwi3223ifx-20100511 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20100509_57823_lHdSMr
JIT - 20091016_1845ifx7_r8
GC - 20091026_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product com.ibm.team.concert.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.ibm.team.concert.product

Any Help??????????????

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.