It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

unable to unarchive a user.

sanfi faria (9613218) | asked Nov 14 '11, 4:29 a.m.
Hi ,
I am getting the below error while trying to unarchive a user in RTC.

Error unarchiving user: more than one mapping for item with id _9aTesMVgEeCrUeZ9xyo74QID CRJAZ1518E

We are using RTC 3.0.1 .

Could you please suggest a work aroung for this issue?

Regards,
Sanfi Faria

5 answers

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jan 25 '12, 10:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
WRT @sossomon 's post
This issue was resolved by unarchiving the user from the JTS/admin context. Previous attempts to unarchive was done through the CCM/admin context.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=191033

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 14 '11, 9:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I believe that there is another user that has the same internal ID already. So it is impossible to unarchive this one.

I am unsure how this scenario can happen. Did you upgrade from 2.x and have several applications running against the same JTS? This is the only way I can imagine that another user with the same internal ID could have been merged in.

Otherwise please check the logs if there is any indication that something else goes wrong.

permanent link
Robert Sossomon (11155) | answered Jan 12 '12, 10:14 a.m.
And no users are sharing the ID...

We upgraded the server from 2.x to 3.0.1 with the same user list throughout, no importing of new users.

I've been running through the logs and have not been able to find anything pointing to this problem or a possible fix. :-(

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 12 '12, 11:01 a.m.
Is this related to the initial post? If so, I can only suggest to get in contact with support. There are some tools e.g. for online verification that could help to understand where the issue comes from.

When migrating several application to a common JTS during migration from 2.x to 3.x there is a mapping step, where the system tries to map the same users from different systems to the same internal ID using the name, ID etc. I am not sure if that could cause obscuring an archived ID with another one.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 25 '12, 10:44 a.m.
WRT @sossomon 's post
This issue was resolved by unarchiving the user from the JTS/admin context. Previous attempts to unarchive was done through the CCM/admin context.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=191033

Hi, thanks for the update, that is a valuable hint!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.