It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Querying CQ records from RTC

Joseph Simon Arokiaraj (21414845) | asked Nov 12 '11, 9:52 a.m.
Hi All,

I am new to RTC and currently we are using clearcase and clearquest in our organisation. We are planning to move some projects to RTC ans currently we are in RTC tool evaluation stage.

I have created a test project area and planning to create epic and stories in RTC andto link CQ records to the stories.

I need to know how to query CQ records from RTC.

Eg:

I need to close a Story onlywhen all the assoicated CQ records are in closed state.

How to do it in RTC and basically I am a perl guy and if you have way in Perl to use OSLC it would be great.

Cheers,
Simon

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 14 '11, 9:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

what you could do in RTC would be to create an extension in RTC that prohibits the state change in case the CQ record's state is wrong. The Extensions Workshop https://jazz.net/library/article/634 shows an example. The basic extension mechanism is JAVA/Eclipse extensions. You could create an Extension that internally calls PERL and a script on the server to query CQ. I have seen examples using the JAVA API to run commands. I am not sure about the performance implications though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.