It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to auto populate a field upon status change in RTC

Sean Burke (3789137237) | asked Sep 26 '19, 12:25 p.m.
edited Sep 27 '19, 2:20 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

We have a field a form called "fixed by" when the status changes to Fixed can the fixed by field get popluated with the person that changed the status to fixed?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 27 '19, 2:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can detect the state, but it is very hard to detect the state change in a calculated value. This is achievable using customization, but, as far as I am concerned, not feasible to do it with attribute customization. It would require a follow up action to do it properly. 

Sean Burke selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 28 '19, 9:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a really terrible way to use attribute customization with JavaScript to somehow detect a state change, I think has been used by some users. It requires to use an attribute to store the state. Compare theat value with the state attribute to be able to see the state has changed and then act. I do not like this solution at all and have not implemented it. I have heared about users that apparently did......

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.