It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running OSGI- FriendsService: failed during activation

EclipseTalk . (32736061) | asked Jan 05 '10, 9:40 a.m.
Hello,
I'm using the OSGI/embedded Jetty server to test Jazz components but from time to time I'm running into the following errors upon starting the OSGI console:

-com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.FriendsService" failed during activation.

Caused by:
com.hp.hpl.jena.shared.JenaException: org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.DVFactoryException: DTD factory class org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.dtd.DTDDVFactoryImpl does not extend from DTDDVFactory.

Does anyone know what's happening?
Thank you

5 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jan 05 '10, 4:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try adding these VM arguments to your launch:

-Dosgi.compatibility.bootdelegation=false -Dorg.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=sun.*,com.ms.*,com.ibm.*,com.sun.*,org.w3c.*,org.xml.*,javax.*

See https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/88094 for the details.

Hello,
I'm using the OSGI/embedded Jetty server to test Jazz components but from time to time I'm running into the following errors upon starting the OSGI console:

-com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.FriendsService" failed during activation.

Caused by:
com.hp.hpl.jena.shared.JenaException: org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.DVFactoryException: DTD factory class org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.dtd.DTDDVFactoryImpl does not extend from DTDDVFactory.

Thank you

permanent link
EclipseTalk . (32736061) | answered Jan 05 '10, 4:55 p.m.
Thanks a bunch, that fixed it!
I hope it can help someone else :-)

permanent link
Antonio Napoles (2861) | answered Jan 12 '10, 4:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
thank you, this has helped a lot to me also.

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Apr 02 '11, 6:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi John,
I got the same error message when Run RQM ETL. this can fix the problem in development enviorment, can this be add to the CLM start up file or somewhere else to fix the same issue in the build enviorment?

Thanks in advance!

-Dosgi.compatibility.bootdelegation=false -Dorg.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=sun.*,com.ms.*,com.ibm.*,com.sun.*,org.w3c.*,org.xml.*,javax.*

See https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/88094 for the details.

Hello,

Caused by:

Thank you

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Apr 04 '11, 1:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please file a work item against Reporting in the Jazz Foundation project area, with the details of exactly what problem you observed, and what you were trying to do when you observed it.

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

Hi John,
I got the same error message when Run RQM ETL. this can fix the problem in development enviorment, can this be add to the CLM start up file or somewhere else to fix the same issue in the build enviorment?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Caused by:

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.