It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to mark an iteration as completed

Timur Markunin (6495165145) | asked Nov 09 '11, 11:55 a.m.
retagged Jul 22 '13, 4:48 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
Hello,

I've 2 timelines in my project and want to mark latest iteration in the first timeline as completed. Is it possible? My goal is to remove all iterations associated with first timeline (already completed) from the "Planned for" field.

-thanks in advance

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 09 '11, 2:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This happens if you mark the current timeline as current.
I think this will not remove the old iterations, since the data is still valid. You could try to archive the completed iteration, then it would be suppressed in some views. I would suggest to set up a test server to get a better understanding on the effects.

Comments
Leons Petrazickis commented Jul 10 '13, 5:03 p.m.

How do I mark the next plan iteration as the current iteration?

sam detweiler commented Jul 10 '13, 5:54 p.m.

this really has nothing to do with 'plan' its really Iteration.

in the iteration list in the project configuration, select the next iteration that is current for that timeline. (you can only have one iteration marked as current for a timeline).

iterations are complete when the iteration time period ends. 
there are other products that require an explicit 'end' workflow, but RTC uses the configured time.

a PLAN uses the iteration, the team and the workitem(s) to help users visualize the work, done by people over time..

Jennifer Cianchetta-Riordan commented Jul 11 '13, 9:09 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Leons,

For more information about setting the current iteration, see step 4 in http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_create_iteration_web.html.

Thanks,

Jenn

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.