It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Firefox 7.0.1 (or 8.0) displays dots if column too short

Douglas Trottman (5674) | asked Nov 09 '11, 10:56 a.m.
Hi,

I don't think this is directly an RTC issue but it is causing my end users a lot of pain. We are all using Firefox as the company recommended browser and most have automatic update turned on moving us to Firefox 7.0.1. If the column is not wide enough to show the entire output, anyone on Firefox 7.0.1 who tries to look at a plan (and probably other displays) sees only three dots instead of showing whatever will fit the column. Chrome and IE are ok.

We are stuck. Company policy says use Firefox. Rational says Firefox is supported. The current release does not display properly.

Has anyone at Rational discussed this problem with Firefox?

Thanks, Doug

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Nov 09 '11, 6:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I don't think this is directly an RTC issue but it is causing my end users a lot of pain. We are all using Firefox as the company recommended browser and most have automatic update turned on moving us to Firefox 7.0.1. If the column is not wide enough to show the entire output, anyone on Firefox 7.0.1 who tries to look at a plan (and probably other displays) sees only three dots instead of showing whatever will fit the column. Chrome and IE are ok.

We are stuck. Company policy says use Firefox. Rational says Firefox is supported. The current release does not display properly.

Has anyone at Rational discussed this problem with Firefox?

Thanks, Doug

Hi Doug (again :-)

So let's start with what is supported - and this is currently FF 3.6 (see https://jazz.net/library/article/632). Then FireFox started doing a Chrome and starting putting out new versions even more frequently than before.

You can adjust columns on the UI, and then save the column widths. May not help in all cases, but could help a bit.

If you find a case like the one described - it would be extremely helpful if you can raise a defect/enhancement request on the RTC project - and do so here on jazz.net.

I expect to see problems like this fixed (either by IBM or by Mozilla) - esp. as IBM's standard browser is FF too (albeit we tend to stay on a specific version for a while).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.