It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reversing change sets and the "Resolve as Proposed&quot

Dave Marsico (4511014) | asked Nov 04 '11, 4:10 p.m.
I was wondering if anyone can explain the function of the "Resolve as Proposed" action that is presented when you have Reversed a change set and its placed in the Pending Patches Folder within a Pending Changes view.
I've used the "Merge into Workspace" that is talked about in the documentation with expected results... But there is no mention at all of this other "available" action. When chosen it presents an info dialog that seems to hint that its applicable to Binary files, but I've tried reversing a change set with various content: text files, text and binary files and just binary files, and in all cases it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

This is in a 3.0.1 windows-based eclipse client.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Nov 07 '11, 3:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The purpose of that action is to provide a way to replace the content in your workspace with the content from the patch without performing a merge.

permanent link
Dave Marsico (4511014) | answered Nov 07 '11, 9:34 p.m.
The purpose of that action is to provide a way to replace the content in your workspace with the content from the patch without performing a merge.

Thanks Michael, That makes perfect sense, my previous attempts, choosing this option instead of "Merge to Workspace" did not seem to do anything (i.e. left the "patch" in the Pending Patches folder, without updating my Workspace and creating new "Unresolved Changes". So, I'll try again, and open a case if it still does not work.

Dave

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.