It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Code review in RAM

paulo lacerda (3311414) | asked Nov 01 '11, 1:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there any code review/analysis policy in RAM that could be used to validate published source code assets?

3 answers

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Nov 02 '11, 10:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What kind of analysis are you looking for?

Mostly Code/Security analysis are driven by a build process, and the results are published with the packaged source/build.

For src. elements like XML schemas, WSDL and such (published from an IDE), RAM 7.5.1 has the Service Policy (part of the SOA library).

permanent link
paulo lacerda (3311414) | answered Nov 04 '11, 8:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm looking for security/coding standard/compliance analysis.

Yes, I know it's something that would typically be done in the build process, but people are asking me if I could also do it in RAM.

Initially I tought about a custom policy that could call some Rational Software Analyser validation for example.

Thank you
Paulo

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Nov 07 '11, 8:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes.
You can certainly initiate this kind of process through a life cycle. E.g., as an integration build is published to RAM, a policy instigate an automation process that fetch the published asset, drives various scans/tests, and publishs the results back to RAM while voting - approve, reject. Reviewers will be notified ...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.