It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filter/Query to find an exact match

Robert Stephenson (81128) | asked Oct 28 '11, 5:33 p.m.
My test team has fallen in love with RQM 3.0.1's new feature to save filters on the list view panels
- View Test Execution Records
- View Test Cases
- View Test Plans
- etc...

One thing we would like to do is create a query on test milestone for our TERs. The problem is we have milestones that are similarly named like:
Milestone1
Milestone1A
Milestone1B

We want to filter on "Milestone1" but exclude all others. That is, filter on an exact match to "Milestone1". Any thoughts on how to do that? Using "Milestone?" or "Milestone1?" does not work.

Note: We have separate reports with the exact selections made for status, etc..., this is just something my testers are asking for so they can access the TER Results quickly.

rns

One answer

permanent link
Robert Stephenson (81128) | answered Nov 03 '11, 12:18 p.m.
My test team has fallen in love with RQM 3.0.1's new feature to save filters on the list view panels
- View Test Execution Records
- View Test Cases
- View Test Plans
- etc...

One thing we would like to do is create a query on test milestone for our TERs. The problem is we have milestones that are similarly named like:
Milestone1
Milestone1A
Milestone1B

We want to filter on "Milestone1" but exclude all others. That is, filter on an exact match to "Milestone1". Any thoughts on how to do that? Using "Milestone?" or "Milestone1?" does not work.

Note: We have separate reports with the exact selections made for status, etc..., this is just something my testers are asking for so they can access the TER Results quickly.

rns

I found my answer. It was "No". :(

rns

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.