It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Map requirements with test cases

Vinay Kumar Adalath (611) | asked Oct 22 '11, 1:31 p.m.
Hi, I have imported test cases into RQM using excel utility. The requirements for my project are imported to RQM from ReqPro. Now I need to map those requirements with the test cases, I tried do it manually for 2 - 3 test cases but could not succeed. I have over 500 test cases t0 be mapped, is there a way we cam map without manual intervention? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Oct 31 '11, 8:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi vnay,
There do have some program ways to associate requirements with test cases. But before going further, could you please be more specific on the following 2 parts:
- How you failed when:
I tried do it manually for 2 - 3 test cases but could not succeed.

- How can you determine a requirement has association with a test case? (when manually do that)
Now I need to map those requirements with the test cases

Best Regards,
Scarlett

permanent link
Vinay Kumar Adalath (611) | answered Nov 12 '11, 9:16 a.m.
Hi vnay,
There do have some program ways to associate requirements with test cases. But before going further, could you please be more specific on the following 2 parts:
- How you failed when:
I tried do it manually for 2 - 3 test cases but could not succeed.

- How can you determine a requirement has association with a test case? (when manually do that)
Now I need to map those requirements with the test cases

Best Regards,
Scarlett

Thanks Scarlett for your reply. I know the requirement IDs. The test cases were written based on the document with requirement IDs. The same document is uploaded tp ReqPro and is imported to RQM. So was trying to create traceability using RQM. I tried using the Requirements link in the Test Plans tab. Hope this helps! Pl lets me know if you need any additional info.

Regards,
Vnay

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.