It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Netbeans IDE

Manoj Panda (39336662) | asked Oct 22 '11, 12:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I am trying to integrate RTC 3.0.1.1 with NetBeans IDE 7.0.1.

1. RTC IDE Client is working fine, i am able to connect to the Jazz Server.
2. I installed the netBeans IDE 7.0.1 with JDK 1.6.29 which come by default with netbeans IDE
3. I also downloaded RtcNbClient 0.2.1.5-Snapshot and imported all the .nbm files.

4. In NetBeans IDE I am able to connect to RTC ( by giving the url and user name password). I have also tested like by giving wrong user name where i am not able to connect. This is just to test the repository connection whether i am able to connect or not. After a successfully connect to the jazz server (https:/<server>:<port>/ccm) , when i right click on the RTC Repository, i can still see the connect option is still enabled and disconnect option is disabled..

After all I am not able to see any project created in RTC. could you please guide me, if there is any mistake i am doing. is the RTC 3.x is supported by NetBeans 7.0.1???

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 24 '11, 3:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Manoj,

the plugin is provided by a university. I'd suggest to contact these guys to find out if 3.0/3.0.1 is already supported. they should know best.

permanent link
Larry McCarthy (2102224) | answered Mar 19 '12, 6:34 p.m.
The links to the Netbeans plug-in on the Jazz plug-in pages are dead. It looks like a working link is: http://rtcnbclient.wmi.amu.edu.pl/.

There is also a sourceforge page that leads to the same place: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtcnbclient/

permanent link
Rajesh Nadipalli (1) | answered Jun 04 '12, 9:25 a.m.
I have tried to use the plug-in and it does not work.  It does install, but work item queries return in a grey color grid and is not readable.  I tried this with  Netbeans 7.1.2, RTC 3.0.1.2.

permanent link
Allan Caetano (16) | answered May 06 '14, 10:03 a.m.
The link seemed to be working just a couple of weeks ago, but now redirects to a page in Polish, apparently unrelated to the project. The Sourceforge page's latest updated version is from almost two years ago. This all leads me to think that the project is stalled if not altogether dead. And this is the most active thread about the subject in the forum. Is there no demand for this? Does RTC have any traction with the NetBeans community or, alternately, are there no RTC customers that have a demand for NetBeans integration? Even IntelliJ seems to have more active support. Is all hope lost?

BTW, I tried the plug-in with NetBeans 8.0 and it didn't work. Meaning, NB fais to start after the plug-in is installed.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 06 '14, 11:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Allan, I have seen a few requests over the years, but not really a lot.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.