It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

about caculation of the remaining iteration working hours

yi lilo (4665) | asked Jul 04 '08, 12:31 p.m.
User Bill's work environment is five days(monday to friday),8 hours(quitting time is 5:00pm)

Iteration X's schedule is from 20/6 to 7/7(monday)

Bill is fully dedicated(100%) to iteration X

Now at 10:00pm 4/7(friday),the X's iteration plan->work items view shows that Bill still has 16 hours working time,for saturday and sunday are excluded, RTC regards the current working day(7/4 friday) as 8 hours working time even there is only 2 hours left, actually all working time of this current day has been used up(attention: quitting time is 5:00pm)

When the day is saturday(5/7),RTC works well and iteration plan->work items view shows that Bill has 8 hours working time left(7/7 monday)

Can anyone give a detailed explanation about the mechanism of caculation of the remaining iteration working hours? and i want to know how RTC determines the current date/time, by RTC server OS's date/time? or anything else?

Thanks a lot!

5 answers

permanent link
yi lilo (4665) | answered Jul 07 '08, 1:56 a.m.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
is there any expert gives me a hand? please, it's so bad to get no response from a open forum,no to say that some of you are RTC designers.

permanent link
Johannes Rieken (1.2k1) | answered Jul 07 '08, 5:59 a.m.
lilo wrote:
User Bill's work environment is five days(monday to friday),8
hours(quitting time is 5:00pm)

Iteration X's schedule is from 20/6 to 7/7(monday)

Bill is fully dedicated(100%) to iteration X

Now at 10:00pm 4/7(friday),the X's iteration plan->work items view
shows that Bill still has 16 hours working time,for saturday and
sunday are excluded, RTC regards the current working day(7/4 friday)
as 8 hours working time even there is only 2 hours left, actually all
working time of this current day has been used up(attention: quitting
time is 5:00pm)

When the day is saturday(5/7),RTC works well and iteration
plan->work items view shows that Bill has 8 hours working time
left(7/7 monday)

You provided the answer yourself already. We don't consider the current
time, but the day only. Feel free to file an enhancement.

--
Cheers, Johannes
Agile Planning Team

permanent link
Erich Gamma (18687) | answered Jul 07 '08, 6:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
is there any expert gives me a hand? please, it's so bad to get no response from a open forum,no to say that some of you are RTC designers.

Hi - you have asked your question on Friday. Since we just have shipped RTC 1.0 the team has a well deserved free Friday during July. We do our best to be responsive so please continue asking questions.

--erich gamma
Jazz PMC Lead

permanent link
yi lilo (4665) | answered Jul 07 '08, 10:13 p.m.

Hi - you have asked your question on Friday. Since we just have shipped RTC 1.0 the team has a well deserved free Friday during July. We do our best to be responsive so please continue asking questions.

--erich gamma
Jazz PMC Lead

Thanks egamma, I have submitted a RFE(https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=58877)

permanent link
yi lilo (4665) | answered May 31 '09, 10:54 p.m.
does this issue still exist in RTC2.0? i submitted an RFE(58877) but nobody care about it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.