It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] RTC table names in Oracle database

Luca Martinucci (1.0k294112) | asked Oct 19 '11, 4:44 a.m.
closed Jul 15 '18, 8:48 a.m.
I need to know what are the names of the tables created by the repotools (or the web setup wizard) for the JTS and CCM applications.
The db vendor is Oracle, and I need the names because I must create synonyms for them.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by lumar Jul 15 '18, 8:48 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 19 '11, 4:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure, why you need that information, but I would suggest to connect to the database and create a list of the database tables. Different DB vendors provide their own tools to do that. In DB2 you can do that for instance with the administrative tools.

By the way, in general direct access and manipulation of these tables and their content is not recommended. The application is supposed to handle the data.

Comments
Luca Martinucci commented Oct 19 '11, 5:22 a.m. | edited Mar 11 '14, 10:24 a.m.

Ralph,
I need these pieces of information because this is a non-standard db configuration.
The tables have been created by a db user with DBA grants, but now the customer wants RTC to use a different user, without DBA grants, to access tables with read/write grants.
So, we should create tables "synonyms" for this user.